|Third sector input to the Local Enterprise Partnership's Economic Review|
The North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) have embarked on a major Economic Review led by Lord Andrew Adonis. This spring, the Review team will set out 15 priorities, five of which are for the Government, five for partners and five for the LEP itself.
Pentagon Partnership worked with VONNE to present a joint submission to the Review team on behalf of the third sector in the NELEP area (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and Durham). You can download the submission here.
The overarching message is that the sector is committed to working constructively with the NELEP towards creating an economy that is growing, sustainable, and equitable, drawing on the strengths of the third sector in contributing to job creation, inward investment and wellbeing. The NELEP area is stronger when the public, private and third sectors unite in identifying ways to design and deliver initiatives that make economic growth work for all of the people who live here. We aspire to see the third sector as integral to at least one of the Economic Review’s 15 recommendations.
For more information about the North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership, please visit www.nelep.co.uk.
- Young volunteers help young readers in North Tyneside
- Who gets your vote? Nominations open for VODA Awards
- Free Sector Connector workshop on collaborative working software
- Drop-In Day - Come and talk to us
- 15 August: Read our latest e-bulletin
- Get Involved with the North Tyneside Volunteer Network
- Latest volunteering opportunities