|Third sector input to the Local Enterprise Partnership's Economic Review|
The North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) have embarked on a major Economic Review led by Lord Andrew Adonis. This spring, the Review team will set out 15 priorities, five of which are for the Government, five for partners and five for the LEP itself.
Pentagon Partnership worked with VONNE to present a joint submission to the Review team on behalf of the third sector in the NELEP area (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and Durham). You can download the submission here.
The overarching message is that the sector is committed to working constructively with the NELEP towards creating an economy that is growing, sustainable, and equitable, drawing on the strengths of the third sector in contributing to job creation, inward investment and wellbeing. The NELEP area is stronger when the public, private and third sectors unite in identifying ways to design and deliver initiatives that make economic growth work for all of the people who live here. We aspire to see the third sector as integral to at least one of the Economic Review’s 15 recommendations.
For more information about the North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership, please visit www.nelep.co.uk.
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network Meetings for 2015
- Employers - are you ready for Pensions Auto Enrolment?
- Read our latest bulletin here - lots of news, training, events and funding
- Couple who met in Whitley Bay Dome celebrate 50 years of marriage
- Free Sector Connector workshops on local authority procurement
- North Shields printing business awarded first Sector Connector Gold Award