Pentagon Partnership was established as a strategic consortium for Tyne and Wear's voluntary community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector, and for many years delivered on a number of high profile projects, all aimed at improving the capacity and voice of the sector in Tyne and Wear and, increasingly, beyond.
Most recently we delivered a year-long project on behalf of the regional Policy and Representation Partnership looking at how the sector can - and does - contribute to the North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership's (NELEP) aspirations around improving the skills and employment prospects of people in Northumberland, Durham and Tyne and Wear. The project focused on the sector's role in making sure that everyone could benefit from economic growth in the LEP area, regardless of their ethnicity, disability, gender, sexuality, religion or location.
This project, which came to an end in June 2013, was Pentagon's last piece of funded activity, and as such the partnership is not currently active. We recognise the importance of being able to work in partnership with other infrastructure organisations under the Pentagon banner, and have therefore taken the decision not to formally close the partnership. As opportunities come up for work at a Tyne and Wear level in future, you may well see the revival of Pentagon Partnership projects and activities.
In the meantime, VONNE, the regional VCS support body, are responsible for future work to better engage the sector with the LEP; you can find out more at www.vonne.org.uk.
You can read some of the other publications produced by Pentagon Partnership over the last few years here: Pentagon Partnership resources.
Latest VODA News
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- Business as Usual: WWI High Street event
- Better Together: North Tyneside Council Briefing Sessions for VCS Groups
- Young volunteers sow the seeds for Foster Care Fortnight
- Employer Sponsored Volunteering: Realising the Potential in the North East
- Volunteer Marketplace: Saturday 2 July
- Your views wanted on European Funding priorities for parts of North Tyneside
- Funding Bytes Session: R.W. Mann Trust
- Use VODA News to get your message out