VODA hosts a number of projects and activities. These are currently:
- Sector Connector Connecting local businesses with community groups to share skills and resources.
- Good Neighbours: Bringing real benefits to communities through volunteering.
- National Citizen Service: The popular programme for 16 and 17 years with social action projects giving North Tyneside a boost.
- From Town Crier to Twitter: Volunteer project exploring and preserving the heritage of news reporting and printing in the North East of England
- Business as Usual: Volunteering heritage project researching and charting the impact that World War I had on North Tyneside's high streets and small businesses