Big Local Whitley Bay
An area of Whitley Bay has been selected to receive £1million of Big Local funding which the local community will decide how to use to improve their area. The first public meeting for Big Local in Whitley Bay took place on 15 May 2012 and attracted 77 local residents. The Big Local Partnership Board has now been appointed and VODA is acting as the local trusted organisation, which means we manage the finance and admin on behalf of Big Local.
The board members are:
As well as the Big Local Partnership Board there is a wider community forum which meets regularly. Anyone living or working in the Big Local area is welcome to attend. See the News section below for dates of Big Local meetings.
Next Big Local Meeting: Tuesday 4 June, 6.30pm at Oxford Street Methodist Church, Whitley Bay. See the minutes from previous meetings here.
Producing the Big Local profile - following the tendering exercise Trapeze Consulting was appointed to produce a community profile to enable the Big Local Partnership to develop their plan to spend £1m of funding over 10 years. Trapeze Consulting’s independent researchers will do this by collecting and analysing existing social, economic and environmental data and information and then engaging with people, who do not normally have an opportunity to have their say, on what is good about living in Whitley Bay and what could make it even better.
Follow this link for up to date news on the progress of the Big Local Consultation
- Invitation to cook: Back to the Future project
- Free workshop on human resources: recruitment, responsibilities and redundancies
- Heritage Lottery Funding Bytes Session
- New and updated Information Sheets
- Update on Big Local Consultation
- Read our latest e-bulletin here: news from VODA, the sector and funding opportunities
- Age 16-17? Want the Summer of a Lifetime?
- Specialist Trainers Wanted
- A Day on the Beach Report
- New VODA Membership Form