Whitley Bay Big Local
An area of Whitley Bay has been selected to receive £1million of Big Local funding which the local community will decide how to use to improve their area. The first public meeting for Big Local in Whitley Bay took place on 15 May 2012 and attracted 77 local residents. The Big Local Partnership Board has now been appointed and VODA is acting as the local trusted organisation, which means we manage the finance and admin on behalf of Big Local.
The Whitley Bay Big Local final plan is now available to view: Final Plan
If you are interested in supplying a quotation for activities contributing to the delivery of the plan, current opportunities are available here: Quotation Requests
Click for timeline of opportunities for year one.
Saturday 30 August 2014, 10am to 4pm - Drop in event in the Whitley Bay Big Local shop (82 Park View) for residents to have their say and pledge their support for the plans drawn up for the town. More information here
Find out more by using these links:
- Heritage Open Days - Come along!
- Read our latest bulletin here
- Young volunteers help young readers in North Tyneside
- Who gets your vote? Nominations open for VODA Awards
- Free Sector Connector workshop on collaborative working software
- Drop-In Day - Come and talk to us
- Get Involved with the North Tyneside Volunteer Network