Whitley Bay Big Local
An area of Whitley Bay has been selected to receive £1million of Big Local funding which the local community will decide how to use to improve their area. The first public meeting for Big Local in Whitley Bay took place on 15 May 2012 and attracted 77 local residents. The Big Local Partnership Board has now been appointed and VODA is acting as the local trusted organisation, which means we manage the finance and admin on behalf of Big Local.
The Whitley Bay Big Local final plan is now available to view: Final Plan
If you are interested in supplying a quotation for activities contributing to the delivery of the plan, current opportunities are available here: Quotation Requests
Click for timeline of opportunities for year one.
Pledge to help 'turn the tide in Whitley Bay' - click here to make your pledge
Find out more by using these links:
- News, events and funding for the voluntary sector: Read our latest e-bulletin here
- Young volunteers help young readers in North Tyneside
- Who gets your vote? Nominations open for VODA Awards
- Free Sector Connector workshop on collaborative working software
- Drop-In Day - Come and talk to us
- Get Involved with the North Tyneside Volunteer Network
- Latest volunteering opportunities