Sector Connector, funded by North Tyneside Council, is all about bringing together local community organisations with businesses that work in the borough, for mutual benefit.
This support could include the donation of time and skills (i.e. volunteering), or it could take the form of businesses offering goods, services and facilities to the voluntary sector on a discounted or donated basis.
So far the project has engaged with over 20 businesses and supported more than 40 voluntary organisations in areas such as marketing and communications, web design, quality assurance and human resources. Some companies have delivered workshop sessions as part of the project, and some have offered one-to-one support to individual voluntary organisations.
How it works
West Moor Residents Association were looking for help with their branding and design of a logo. Sector Connector were able to put them in touch with Capita who kindly offered their expertise free of charge.
A few example of the many outcomes of the Sector Connector project:
and many more...
- Equipment Hire from VODA
- Offer from Sector Connector - Charities can 'Go Google' for free
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- Funding Fair 2014 - Book Now!
- Young volunteers help young readers in North Tyneside
- Who gets your vote? Nominations open for VODA Awards
- Drop-In Day - Come and talk to us