Sector Connector, funded by North Tyneside Council, is all about bringing together local community organisations with businesses that work in the borough, for mutual benefit.
This support could include the donation of time and skills (i.e. volunteering), or it could take the form of businesses offering goods, services and facilities to the voluntary sector on a discounted or donated basis.
So far the project has engaged with over 20 businesses and supported more than 40 voluntary organisations in areas such as marketing and communications, web design, quality assurance and human resources. Some companies have delivered workshop sessions as part of the project, and some have offered one-to-one support to individual voluntary organisations.
How it works
West Moor Residents Association were looking for help with their branding and design of a logo. Sector Connector were able to put them in touch with Capita who kindly offered their expertise free of charge.
A few example of the many outcomes of the Sector Connector project:
and many more...
- Read our latest bulletin here - lots of news, training, events and funding
- North Tyneside Briefing Sessions on The Care Act 2014
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network Meetings for 2015
- Shiremoor Treat exhibition - new dates
- New training courses announced - BOOK NOW
- Romance in the Dome: Tell us your stories
- Funding Bytes: Hadrian Trust