Sector Connector is all about bringing together local community organisations with businesses that work in the borough, for mutual benefit.
The Sector Connector project supports businesses to get more involved with the community in North Tyneside by linking them with local voluntary groups that need help. Many businesses want to share their skills, time or other resources and are looking for local groups to help.
What kind of support is on offer?
The follow list is an example of areas that businesses have offered support in:
West Moor Residents Association were looking for help with their branding and design of a logo. Sector Connector were able to put them in touch with Capita who kindly offered their expertise free of charge. Watch how they helped here:
Other examples of how Sector Connector works:
Some business provide free, two-hour training sessions on a wide range of topics, aimed at local groups. See upcoming workshops here.
Could your project or organisation use the help of a group of volunteers for a one-off activity, such as gardening or decorating? We have a number of companies and businesses whose staff want to take part in such activities - read more here.
Latest VODA News
- Watch! Our Good Neighbours project in action
- Diamond Group offers support to VCS through Sector Connector project
- We're moving! VODA relocating to Queen Alexandra College
- New autumn training programme launched
- Your views wanted on European Funding priorities for parts of North Tyneside
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- Summer of a Lifetime on offer to young people aged 16-17