Sector Connector is VODA's new project which is all about brokering support from the local business sector into community organisations. This support could include the donation of time and skills (i.e. volunteering), or it could take the form of businesses offering goods, services and facilities to the voluntary sector on a discounted or donated basis. Visit www.sectorconnector.co.uk for more information.
New workshops announced
Sector Connector E-Bulletin Out Now!
Sector Connector website live and first match made
Sector Connector has started connecting!
If you’re a voluntary organisation in North Tyneside with an annual turnover of less than £100,000, you could benefit from business skills and resources as part of our new ‘Sector Connector’ project. The project, funded by North Tyneside Council, is all about bringing local businesses and community groups together and we’re beginning to make the first matches between the sectors – more details are coming soon. A key aim of the project is to give support to businesses who would like to ‘give something back’ by donating skills and resources to local voluntary organisations. We currently have businesses lined up who may be able to offer support in the following areas:
- Read our latest e-bulletin here
- Free workshop on human resources: recruitment, responsibilities and redundancies
- Heritage Lottery Funding Bytes Session
- New and updated Information Sheets
- Update on Big Local Consultation
- Age 16-17? Want the Summer of a Lifetime?
- Specialist Trainers Wanted
- A Day on the Beach Report
- New VODA Membership Form
- Local Residential Accommodation Required for VODA for National Citizen Service