|National Citizen Service: Summer of a Lifetime|
VODA is currently recruiting young people aged 16-17 to take part in this summer's National Citizen Service (NCS) project. National Citizen Service (NCS) is a six-week programme delivered during the summer holidays. It provides young people with the opportunity to:
NCS is for any young person aged 16-17 regardless of background or ability. Support from Balfour Beatty means that we can now offer a limited number of free places to young people in North Tyneside if they apply directly through VODA.
During the two residential weeks all food, transport, accommodation and activities are fully paid for. During the other weeks we will reimburse your travel costs but you’ll need to bring a packed lunch.
After completing the programme you will celebrate your achievements at a Graduation Event where you will be presented with your National Citizen Service certificate and be offered lots of new opportunities to make use of your new skills and experiences.
Last year's participants demonstrated an amazing increase in their skills and confidence as a result of taking part in the programme with 87% of young people recording an increase in their confidence, team work and communication skills.
“I met a lot of amazing people during the programme, I made a lot of friends and that's the part that I enjoyed the most”
“I knew no-one then all of a sudden I was mates with everyone”
“You can build confidence, you can make new friends and you can learn about the community. So you get everything that you could possibly have really.”
- Invitation to cook: Back to the Future project
- Free workshop on human resources: recruitment, responsibilities and redundancies
- Heritage Lottery Funding Bytes Session
- New and updated Information Sheets
- Update on Big Local Consultation
- Read our latest e-bulletin here: news from VODA, the sector and funding opportunities
- Age 16-17? Want the Summer of a Lifetime?
- Specialist Trainers Wanted
- A Day on the Beach Report
- New VODA Membership Form