|VODA on TV! Volunteering project features on Made In Tyne & Wear|
Eagle eyed viewers may have spotted a familiar from face from VODA on TV recently - Volunteering Coodinator Jo Woolley, who was interviewed by Made in Tyne & Wear TV recently about a heritage volunteering project. Funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the project is providing the opportunity for 24 young people with additional needs to explore the role of the fishing industry during and after World War I. This includes researching the mysterious sinking of a North Shields fishing trawler - the Ethelwulf - which disappeared in 1918 just three weeks after the end of the Great War taking its six crew members with it.
The young volunteers have been taking part in a series of creative workshops and visits, and are keen to hear from anyone who had relatives or has stories to share around the fishing industry during and after World War I. For more information contact Jo Wolley at VODA on 0191 643 2631.
Latest VODA News
- Free Funding Bytes session: Active North Tyneside Community Fund
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- North of Tyne Devolution: An update
- Volunteer Recruitment Fair: Saturday 3 June
- VODA on TV! Volunteering project features on Made In Tyne & Wear
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network Meetings for 2017
- VODA Photography Competition