Our Good Neighbours project is all about providing free, voluntary support to those in North Tyneside who struggle with day-to-day tasks.
The Good Neighbours project recruits, trains and supports volunteers to undertake a variety of practical tasks commonly associated with those carried out by a 'good neighbour' such as gardening, dog walking and shopping. VODA matches Good Neighbours volunteers to local people in the community who could use this kind of support.
We enable trained volunteers to carry out small, pracitcal 'good neighbourly' jobs for those in need. Beneficiaries can self-refer or be referred by family members, friends or professionals. Watch our short video to see our Good Neighbours in action:
If you would like to volunteer as part of the Good Neighbours project, or if you or someone you know could use the help of a 'Good Neighbour' contact:
Latest VODA News
- Free Funding Bytes session: Active North Tyneside Community Fund
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- North of Tyne Devolution: An update
- Volunteer Recruitment Fair: Saturday 3 June
- VODA on TV! Volunteering project features on Made In Tyne & Wear
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network Meetings for 2017
- VODA Photography Competition